NOCCA (Novel Opportunities for new Company Creation and Accelerated growth) is a joint project in the Baltic Sea region – in Helsinki, Tallinn and Riga – lasting two years. During the project, multidisciplinary activities and events are organized for students in Finland, Estonia and Latvia where they will have opportunities to learn about entrepreneurship, company creation and blue, green and silver economies.
A new innovation curriculum will be jointly developed and implemented in Helsinki, Tallinn and Riga. It comprises of three consecutive innovation hackathons along with scalability and growth workshops and idea boot camps that are multidisciplinary and intergenerational and mix students from the participating countries and organizations. The purpose is to create new cross-border companies and engage the innovation ecosystem further.
The aims of the project are as follows:
- 850 students are exposed to entrepreneurship and challenges in the silver, green and blue economies;
- 6 new cross-border companies with global potential will be created;
- 15 existing early stage startups are supported within the program;
- 6 joint hackathon challenges are co-created with ecosystem partners;
- 6 joint demodays for ecosystem partners are organized during the program;
- A concrete roadmap with responsibilities and annual schedules for ecosystem engagement is created.
Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences is the lead partner and coordinator of the project.
Project Manager: Jari Luomakoski
Partners: Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences, TalTech Mektory Innovation and Business Centre, Tallinn Science Park Tehnopol Foundation and Stockholm School of Economics in Riga
Funding: Interreg Central Baltic Programme 2014-2020